Moving your home or business in Wisconsin is stressful enough without having to deal with a second rate moving company who damages your possessions. If you know what to look for in a moving company you can save yourself time, hassle, and headaches.
- Check References – Any reputable mover should be able to provide references or testimonials of satisfied customers. Do they show up on time? Were they able to move large furniture and items like pianos without any damage? What are they like to deal with? Are they A+ members of the Better Business Bureau? These are all considerations you want to make when choosing a moving company.
- Moving Insurance – There is a minimum amount of insurance ($.60/pound) required by law. However, better moving companies will provide additional insurance on your belongings for a reasonable fee. $5.00 per $1000 of coverage is very common – some movers like Bluemound Express of Milwaukee Wisconsin only charge $50 for $60,000 worth of coverage. Check the prices in your area to find the best deal.
- Real Moving Trucks – Many movers use freight trucks which are designed for moving goods packed on pallets and not for moving household goods. Freight trucks do not have the suspension systems and internal security devices needed to soften the ride and make sure your possessions make it to their new location in one piece. Freight trucks also do not have a suspension system allowing the moving compartment of the truck to be lowered closer to street level, which makes a big difference when you are making hundreds of trips up and down the ramp. Also make sure your movers carry the proper moving equipment to keep your belongings safe – adequate amounts of large furniture pads (Bluemound Express recommends 100+ for every truck) and specialized equipment to move appliances, pianos, and other large home furnishings. Check out our moving trucks!
- Properly Trained Movers – Make sure your moving company has a formalized training program to teach their movers how to lift and move all your household items and how to use all the specialized moving equipment the stock on their moving trucks.
- Extra Services – Will the moving company charge extra for moving big screen tv’s, pianos, etc.? Can you leave clothes and linens in drawers? Will they put your belongings in the rooms you want them in? Will the movers take furniture apart and put it back together? Will they wrap large pictures and mirrors for you? Think about what tasks you would like to have taken care of for you, and make sure you ask your moving company if they will do it.
If you do your homework before moving day, it will help your move to go more smoothly. Request our FREE report, “21 Critical Questions to Get Answers To Before Your Next Move” . Call Bluemound Express Moving and Storage where you can be assured that you are choosing the right moving company for your move, we will make a world of difference to you on moving day.